Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nicolas Giovanni

It's about that time where I go on and write a little about one of my friends. I am curious to know if my friends actually like these blogs about them or are terrified.
Now this one specific friend is the know it all- you know what I am talking about. The one that when it comes to that one specific thing- he knows all about. However, I have to admit that when it comes to lighting a set- he does know everything about it. His name is Nicolas, but no one that I know (except for his brother) actually calls him that. So for us, and mostly everyone else, he is known as Chachito. He has been working in setting lights and making a name for himself since he was in high school- so yes, you could go ahead and say he has made a damn good name for himself. So obviously, yours truly puts him in all her references when she is looking for production jobs. He is also the one that I turn to when I have some question about production- or in need of some advice.
Besides the work thing- he is the only one in the "Troop"- actually I think any of my friends- that is my exact age. He is one month younger than I am, to the date- although he does look older and at times acts older. I did say AT TIMES- because if we are in a club, most probably one that is playing reggaton, and he all of sudden is taking all sorts of shots and drinking Jack Daniels, he loses like three years of age. When he gets in this mode- we call him Giovanni and when he is Giovanni expect to hear bad accents. He all of a sudden starts to speak with an italian accent, adding a vowel at the end of every word and making more hand movements than usual. Oh, and beware if someone that is not part of the troop plays along, and decides that they too want an accent, he will quickly title them an impostor. 
But truth be told- he is one of my best friends. He is like the older brother I never had (Oh hold on I do have an older brother! Ha!). He goes on with all my spoiled ways- if I want a photoshoot- his truly will make it possible. If I am all of a sudden craving a mocha frap- it will miraculously appear. The new one, which I have to admit is the ice cream craving I get and like an older brother- he will make it happen for his little sister. Like I said- he does act older than I do! Chachi- I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment