Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Love Advice from Sunny

Have you ever watched the movie "A Bronx Tale"- with Robert DeNiro? The first time I came about that movie I was only a child- a young preteen. I was home with my cousin Joselyn, for some reasons my sisters were not home. I bumped into this movie on Showtime and we started watching it. From the first moment I saw it I absolutely loved it- till this day, I still love it! I even owned it on DVD- but I think I have misplaced it! However, let me stop rambling on and get to the point. There was this line in the movie, that has stuck with me since I first saw the movie. The character Sunny is giving some love advice to C. He tells him: 
"You gotta do what your heart tells you to do. Let me tell you somethin' right now. You're only allowed three great women in your lifetime. They come along like the great fighters, every ten years. Rocky Marciano. Sugar Ray Robinson. Joe Louis. Sometimes you get 'em all at once. Me? I had my three when I was 16. That happens. What are you gonna do? That's the way it goes, you know? Tell you right now. See this girl? Maybe this girl, she put wind in your sails. Maybe she's your first great one." 
Maybe we are provided with three great loves in our lives. And if it's so- I might get super cheesy on you guys now- but I believe I am in my third.

My first- not the greatest, but definitely one that molded me- Herman. Great kid. The one I was with for six years and engaged to. It came and it went- but there it is. My first "love" in some sense.
My second- a bit more infamous- Joseph. Herman may have molded me, but Joseph made me. I found all the courage and peace within myself because of him. We had a story many didn't understand- but it was still our story. However, that ended and it's okay... because not everything that one thinks is meant to be, actually is. But he will always hold a special place in my heart- no denying that.
My third- so new that it's crazy to even mention- Mauricio. Now, he might just be the one that completes me. The one that I know will care for me, when I just seem to stop caring. The one who makes me realize that this is what I needed for myself and a relationship the whole time. He truly does make me want to be better. Better for him. (Oh My God- I have become super cheesy- this is all truly his fault!). But it is what it is and I am sure my story with him will be the great one. 

So, have you guys stop to wonder? Do you have three great loves? Have you been through all three? It's crazy- but I think the writer to this film was on to something- Sunny was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment