Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cooking Moments- brought to you by ME.

Let me tell you how I cooked Filet Mignon for him the other night and it was great! However, due to this I now think I am a chef and all I want to do is look into recipe ideas and start cooking! This, for those who really know me, is very unlike me! I don't ever spend much time in the kitchen, unless it's to throw in a TV dinner in the microwave- and even then there has been moments I over cook that! The most I ever cooked is spaghettis with ground turkey (and yes it does taste awesome!)- but that's it, it stops there. Everything else is simply delivered or cooked by my grandmother. However, two weeks ago I decided I wanted to cook something for him that I have never cooked before... I mean after all, a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. So after walking around the market and realizing the only thing I knew how to cook is ground turkey spaghettis I realized I was screwed. I quickly picked up the phone and called one of my sisters- Sara. She started throwing out ideas and I started quickly declining them. She then mentioned Shrimp Alfredo. Sounded easy enough- so, I bought the ingredients needed and started to cook. He enjoyed it!! This past week- I was craving steak and so Filet Mignon came to mind. After asking many on advice on how to cook this tender steak and getting different answers from everyone- I turned to the source that has never let me down! GOOGLE. It helped, TONS! I cooked the Filet and it was amazing- so much so he wanted seconds! So, now I believe I am Rachel Ray! Dear Lord save me! HA!! So this weekend I might attempt to make BBQ Ribs! And as for tonight- if all goes as planned and my night doesn't become a long one- I might make Breaded chicken!! With the sides of  red beans and brown rice (minute rice in the microwave- lmfao! You can't expect me to know how to cook everything yet!). 


World look out- danger is on it's way to the kitchen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment