Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Big Dipper

Dear Period,


I understand that you are a necessity- and don't get me wrong, I am grateful for your visit every month... but since you are my "friend" let us have a serious talk. Not only do you make my sex life a little more complicated a week out of every month, but you come along with cramps, messing with the hormones, bloating, backaches, and zits! I mean... I could deal with certain things!! The cramps, they hurt but I will swallow two pain relievers, get under the covers in the fetal position, and boom after what seems like hours- the pain goes away. Then we have the  hormones, were one moment I am so angry I could almost kill a man and then, two seconds later, I am so sensitive that I am crying over a commercial. Oh come on! Seriously? Ok fine- I will deal! Then we have the bloating- this is time every woman hates to put on her one favorite pair of jeans, because it now feels like the button might just fly off and hit someone in the eye (hopefully a man's). It's okay I will pull out the old raggedy jeans! I don't care at this moment... But, dear period, when you decide to add pimples to my face- things start getting serious!! I now have, due to you, what looks like the Bigger Dipper on my face! Not one pimple- but three? So don't call yourself my friend! You bring me pain, make me moody, make me feel fat, and now you decide to paint the astronomy of the stars in my face?! So as of now- until at least my face clears up- you will be known as the enemy. 


Sincerely,
Your ex friend.

1 comment: