Friday, June 24, 2011

Boss Bitch: Marilyn Monroe

As promised- I am going to write my first post on a woman I find absolutely memorable: 
Marilyn Monroe. 

Who has not heard of the beautiful Marilyn Monroe? Yes, she was known as a sex symbol, thought of as just a pretty little face that used her looks to get what she needed... but I see beyond that. She knew what she was doing- she knew what she wanted and granted she may have used her feminine ways to get them- but what woman in history has not at one point or another? And (just some quick advice) if you haven't used your feminine ways, try it! You will see the charm in being a woman and with just a smile how you can get what you need.


Marilyn was a foster child, moved from house to house, never really having a home. She dreamed of the great life- being famous! She started as a model and soon became an actress. She dreamed it and made it a reality and for that I generally admire this woman. She made sure to continue with more- opening her own production company "Marilyn Monroe Productions" and from there she released a movie.
But behind her success was a just a simple woman- one ALL of us can relate to. Because even after all the things us women do, after all the success and achievements we accomplish- we simply want to be loved. That is one thing us women do have in common. 


"A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night" - Marilyn Monroe

So like all women- she simply wanted to be loved and accepted for HER. Not for the image she had created. She wanted to be accepted.


"I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent. " -Marilyn Monroe


Sadly Marilyn Monroe's life ended when she was only 36 years old due to an overdose. One is never to sure if it was a suicide or not and I guess one will never really have the answer to that. But it is a fact that she made an impact on not only the life of entertainment but on many different people- men and women alike. 
So why would I add Marilyn to my post about Fantastic Women? Because through all the beauty- she was not scared to be in a man's world and still play the role of a woman. She played a dumb one- granted- but that was all an act! She was smarter then she led on to be, simply because, I believe,  she imagined that the world would accept her better in that manner.


"I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't." - Marilyn Monroe


But times have changed and women nowadays are taken more seriously. However, as women we need to realize that we can still be the way we are, be "women-like" and still be able to do all a man can do in his world. Because after all- we all have a little bit of a Boss Bitch in us- the way Marilyn did. One simply needs  to learn how to not be scared to show off, be great, be better and all the while rocking the hot heels. Ha! Beat that men!  
"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment