Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Project Runway- Latin America

Let me let you guys in on my recent job and project. I am working in Project Runway- Latin America season two. Now, it has been years since I have worked in a reality show and I could at least have comfort knowing that this project won't be like the last reality show I worked in. At least I very much pray and hope it's not anything like that past disaster. Now, yours truly is doing what apparently she does really well, I will be the Talent Coordinator, which means taking care of the hostess and the judges. At the moment we are in the preproduction era, which let me tell you how much I dislike this moment. I mean, it is all about office work, you are no where near a studio or behind the scenes and seeing the action seems like it's light years away!! But instead I have to dress the part, with heels and all, come to the office, sit in a cubicle and start to do office work.  You know, getting everything ready for when the day comes that the cameras are rolling, you are prepared- which by the way the first day of production you are NEVER prepared. Now, honestly, I don't mind all the preplanning part of the production life if I had more things to do!! But since I am only taking care of talent this time around, it leaves my work limited to not really have much to do until the talent actually arrives in Miami. So during the low times (which are right now), I am going to take advantage and blog to you guys about the job I am at. I mean, I know once the talent gets here and we start to record, my peace and calm that I am so bored of right now will be quickly missed!!


 Well, bottom line is- I am grateful. I love new projects, I love bringing them forth and realizing that I was born on this beautiful planet to do just this... of course I DREAM BIG and I know I will be more than this and become a producer within due time... but until then, I will sit here and work and get the experience. After all when it's something you love to do, it stops being work and just becomes a career. I hope all of you are as fortunate to do what you love! If not- go seek it! You only live once and why live doing it to do something you don't love??

No comments:

Post a Comment