Thursday, June 16, 2011

X-Men: First Class

Finally got to watch X-men: First Class yesterday! I had been wanting to see this film since it came out and even though I have had obstacles get in my way-I mean who gets to a movie theatre that doesn't have power and therefore can't open it's doors to clients?!- I finally got to see it!!

I never expected it to be the movie of the year, but it was exactly what I had envisioned. It gave all the details in which are needed to know the true story of Magneto, Professor X and the Academy for the gifted. 

The portrayal of Erik- later known as Magneto, was personally my favorite. You learn to actually love him in some ways and realize that maybe he isn't that evil, he just truly is scared of having the past repeat itself, but instead of a camp filled with with Jewish people, a camp filled with mutants- ending all their lives because they simply were not "normal." Also, to finally see how the friendship of Erik and Charles started was interesting. Cause after all, we know they have a past we simply don't know how close they were and in this film you see how they considered each other brothers. However, their future is all about them being mortal enemies and even after they fight, they still generally care for each other and through this film, we learn their history!

Also, I quickly need to say I love how they added links and brief history of  the other characters. Having Cyclops' brother involved was great! Giving us a view of how The Beast looked before he actually turns blue and fluffy! And of course, having Mystique mixed in and actually have her story of how she loved Charles but slowly chose Erik because he was the only one to ever appreciate her original form. Now the mutant visit that caught my attention and made me smile when I saw it, had to be the one with Wolverine! Perfect touch to the film.

All in all, if you are a Marvel fan and if you definitely are a X-men fan, I recommend you go and watch this film. It's not Oscar winning, but it sure is entertaining and if you are like me- who loves more details in characters- you would appreciate this film. Because it gives you details that you might have questioned in the past. So go... stop reading all my spoiler and see it and if you already have, let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment