Monday, June 13, 2011

Evyz the Builder

Let me tell you what I am doing right now... I am trying to build a pantry!! So, first I go into a battle with the box, trying to open it and sort of curing underneath my breath as I rip the box open! Then I pull out all the parts of this pantry, then grab ALL the nails and screws and let me just say, there is a LOT of nails and screws!! At this point, I start to worry a little. I text "him" and kind of make it seem that maybe I wasn't so sure what I was getting myself into, but when I saw his confused happy look face via text, I realized I have to suck it up and show him that I am the kind of girl that can build shit!! Cause dammit, I have in the past, why can't I now?! Granted, this is a lot bigger than most small TV stands I would build way back when... but I mean, I GOT THIS!! So finally I get the instructions, first thing I see that I need, that is not included with the set is a hammer. Hmmm, where the hell do I get a hammer, this isn't even my place!!! So I go to the roommate and ask him if he has a hammer... guess what!! He doesn't! But he goes ahead and calls a friend that also lives in this building to bring back the hammer he borrowed a month ago. So now not only am I red by embarrassment, but I am wondering what guys do not own a hammer?! But don't worry, in the mean time as I wait for the poor guy to come to the apartment to bring the hammer, I am here blogging about my building experience. But don't worry, I assure you, I will get this done.. I might break a nail or two, which honestly upsets me since my nails are actually long for the first time in months, shoot maybe even years. But all of this, just to prove that whatever men can do I can do better!!! Why do I have to be such a feminist at times? I mean.. why can't I just be like most girls and be like "THIS IS TO HEAVY AND COMPLICATED!!" No... instead I decide to show off... but I will tell you my biggest concern... it's lifting the pantry up once I actually do build it... I think I will have to bother "his" roommate at that moment. But to all my fellow ladies, remember, we make this shit look good! The door bell just rang!!! Woo hoo... I am seconds from building a master piece! HA!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment